Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wah.

So.  Not much forward progress on getting an agent for the novel.  It has admittedly been only a couple of months.  And there are lots of feelers still out there.  Still.  I fear I am writing in a vacuum, with no one reading my novels but a small circle of friends.

That said, a new novel is slowly rearing its head.  I'll take the characters out for a test drive in a short story soon.

Got a flash fiction posted a few weeks back, here.  Not my best work.

At least the short stories are getting a little attention. 
 


Below, a hole in the moon.  Really.  It's about 200 feet wide.  The theory is, a hollow lava tube got punctured by a meteorite.

That, or space worms.

Picture taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter,  I grabbed it from Bad Astronomy.

6 comments:

starcakeastrology.blogspot.com said...

don't give up! it'll happen!

Hermes said...

I vote for space worms. Much cooler.

Clowncar said...

Thanks for the encouragement, star cake.

Hey, Get Off My Lawn!, I like your handle. Thanks for stopping by. I was really tempted to Photoshop a worm in that hole, but I didn't want to damage my already questionable credibility.

Sabra said...

Or they're faking you out and it's just someone's navel....

(Hang in there.)

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

1... You are not writing in a vacuum, although, it's so ironic and funny to me that you worded it like that. One of the members of the Shameless Lions Writing Circle is Jon Mayhew whose blog used to be called, 'Writing in a Vacuum'. He was sure that's what he was doing. His first book has just been published and is hitting the shelves in the next week. I am so proud of him. He's in my blogroll, you should check his page out and talk with him; he's very nice. He worked on that book for the last 4 years.

KEEP WRITING.

2... A hole?! In the moon?!! It's HOLEY?!?!?! I think that's photoshopped. It looks photoshopped. The romantic astronomer in me is in complete denial. Complete. *sniff*
No hole in the moon. The worms are busy on Mars.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Clowncar said...

Or a speck of dust on the negative, Sabra. I'll keep hanging in there.

And notice, Scarlett, that even as I bum about the reception of the current novel a new one is pushing its way into my life. I'll keep writing. Don't have any choice.