Monday, July 20, 2009

Luckily, Beer Is A Liquid

Liquid only diet today. Coffee, Otter Pops, and a vile liquid I have to drink twice to get me, uh, moving.

18 pills over the next 10 hours.

Tonight, and tomorrow morning, I have to shower with some weird anti-biotic goo that, I'm told, if it gets in my eyes, will quite literally blind me.

Three weeks of nothing but reading and (hopefully) writing after that, though. I'd given up pretty much all my reading time this past year in order to have time to write The Novel. So, that's good, right? Richard Hughes. George Pelecanos. William Gay.

Everything's a trade-off.

6 comments:

Eric Shonkwiler said...

What Gay did you pick up, Mr. Wizard?

Oh, meant to ask. While I was in Michigan I had bad sleeping habits, woke up at 4:00AM and in the southern sky was a bright-ass planet, brighter than any I've ever seen. Any ideas? Jupiter? Yeranus?

Clowncar said...

Certainly wasn't my anus, Eric.

If it's really bright, it's almost always Venus. Jupiter is up in the morning too, but I'm guessing Venus.

I got Twilight. Based on your recommend.

Eric Shonkwiler said...

But that early, two hours ahead of the sun? Don't we see the inner planets only in some conjunction with the blonde beauty?

And sorry to hear that. Read it over vacation--not his best.

meno said...

Good lord, what are they doing to you now?

Bastards!

Anonymous said...

I just now caught up. I'm thinking you're already out and recovering, and won't likely get this too soon, but my thoughts are with you, old bean. Get yourself back on your feet fast.

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! You've a novel to write, Sir!

:o)

Scarlett & Viaggiatore


...yes, everything is a trade off. It's the way life works.