Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Excerpt

Wren:

Well, we’re gonna try it another way. A whole new way. I’m gonna sit in my chair, and turn my radio up, and have a beer, and maybe a smoke, and lean back and watch the sky go by. Stars and planets and satellites and galaxies. And all the thoughts I think when I sit there I’m gonna send out into the air, and bounce em offa the stars, and a whole bunch of other people are gonna be doing the same thing, bouncing their thoughts offa the stars, and all of our thoughts are gonna kinda mix around together out there. Thoughts and feelings and poems and pictures and equations. Stories and memories, truth and lies, all mixed together. Colors and textures and smells and sounds. And they’re gonna get all jumbled and tumbled and spider-webby, all crazy, and then they’re gonna come back all different, like nothing no one has ever seen before, showering us with a whole new language, new words falling down like cool rain to whoever is willing to listen to them.

5 comments:

ArtSparker said...

Sweet cosmos.

Gordo said...

Wow. Sign me up.

Lil Hux said...

I really like your style and I'm glad you were willing to share with us. Can't wait until it's done!

LH

longoriab said...

This sounds like an outer body experience/meditation. Wouldn't it be nice to have this time to ourselves.

Clowncar said...

Sweet indeed, arty.

No need to sign up, Gordo. The mutant squirrels will let you know when it's time.

Thanks, hux. It'll be done before Thanks giving!

Longoria, it's am excerpt from a novel in progress, and probably too out of context to make any real sense. But I liked it. So I posted it. Thanks for stopping by!